UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

My father was born in Glasgow (I have an extract of birth)

Customer Question
and held a British Passport...
My father was born in Glasgow (I have an extract of birth) and held a British Passport. He migrated to Australia in 1930 and I was born in Sydney in 1945 and hold an Australian passport. My daughter was born in Wodonga in 1989 and holds an Australian Passport (as does my Australian-born wife) but wants to work in the UK when she finishes her Midwifery Degree and believes that things would be "easier" for her if she held a British Passport. If this was true, would she be eligible for a British Passport?
Thanks,
Mike Copland, Wodonga
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
6/21/2010
Solicitor: Brisbane-Lawyer,
 replied 8 years ago
Brisbane-Lawyer
Were any of your wife's parents born in the UK?

No, both Parents and Grandparents were Australian citizens.

Solicitor: Brisbane-Lawyer,
 replied 8 years ago
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

I'm sorry that I did not make it sufficiently clear (trying to include too much information!!) but it is our daughtre that wants to get the British passport, not my wife.

Thanks,

Mike Copland

Solicitor: Brisbane-Lawyer,
 replied 8 years ago
I'll refer this question over to the UK Immigration lawyers. Please don't reply until you see a post from one of them. It can take up to 24 hours so please be patient.

I have received no further information. Will it be forthcoming??

mike Copland