How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i came to the uk in 2003 with a student visa that i failed

Resolved Question:

i came to the uk in 2003 with a student visa that i failed to renew in march 2007 because of unforseen circumstances. I have been an overstayer for the past 3 years. What can i do? Going back home is not an option.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question


Sorry to be blunt, but there is absolutely nothing you can do. You can either continue to live here illegally or leave, be noted as an overstayer, and attempt re-entry by another form of immigration permission at a later date. Obviously, your period of overstay would count against you.


Unless you are claiming asylum then the UKBA will not view it in any other light than a willful ovestay.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time it will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you