How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Filipino-British Citizen and I wish to get my parents

Resolved Question:

I am a Filipino-British Citizen and I wish to get my parents to stay with me here in London for good as my dependents. They are 76&78 yrs old.They are both green card holders in US. What are the chances of having them to stay with me.I am 38 female single and a Nurse.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.


Thanks for your question.

If you intend for your parents to come to this country to remain here until they pass away then it is probably best for you to apply on their behalf for settlement in this Country. You will need to apply using Form SET(F), available for download here:-

There are also some guidance notes on the site that will help you.

You parents must be over 65 years of age (which they are obviously) and there must be exceptional circumstances which means that they need to come here. They will have to show that they depend wholly or mainly on you for money, that you and your parents can and will be housed and maintained adequately without needing public funds in accommodation that you either own or exclusively occupy and that they have no other close relatives in the US who can support them financially.

Rightly or wrongly, it's one of the more difficult immigration statuses to prove and it will almost certainly go to appeal. It would be best for a solicitor/immigration practitioner to prepare, or at least check, the application before it is made.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Edited by T_Graham12 on 5/17/2010 at 2:05 PM EST
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you