Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

im permant resident in the uk,i had a baby outside my marriage

Customer Question

im permant resident in the uk,i had a baby outside my marriage in 2007 but now just got divorce from wife pls tell me the baby status becase the mother of the baby is illegal
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

What do you mean by "permanent resident" - are you a British National, or do you have indefinite leave to remain etc?

Please clarify.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i have permanent resident as in indefinte resident staute.

Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to; Does that mean you have indefinate leave to remain in the UK. If not, please clarify.

Tom

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

If you as the father of the child have indefinite leave to remain in the UK then you will have to make an application to the Home Office on behalf of your child for their indefinite leave to remain in the UK as a dependent of you. You will have to make the application using Form SET(F), available for download from the Home Office/UKBA website.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry what about the mother pls.
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Please provide more detail about her. Are you planning on getting married? Are you in a relationship? Does she work?

Tom

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im planning to come back with her and married her,i dont think her work now.
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Right. If you are to marry her outside the country then she wil have to make an application for a spouse visa before she comes back to the UK otherwise she will be in the country illegally and run the risk of being deported.

I hope this clarifies, if so please kindly click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
pls tell me the mean between permanent resident [for eu nation]and indefinite leave because i have permanent resident card.pls example
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Permanent residence is granted to EEA nationals when they apply after living in the UK for 5 years. They can then apply for naturalisation so that they become a citizen and can then obviously apply for a UK passport.

Indefinite leave to remain is granted to person from another country who has applied for ILR after living in the UK for the requisite number of years (it is different depending on if you are a worker, student etc...)

Tom

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, do you have a further question?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
pls can i get benefits fro my son now because im live with them now like i say before her mummy she do not have permit to be in the country pls tell me
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Yes, as a child of a person who has indefinite leave to remain you will be eligible for child benefits. You have to contact your local authority's benefit department.

Tom

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

sorry my fomer wife collet for me her child benefits but can i change it to my name now pls.

Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you've got to contact the local authority's welfare department...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

pls tell me tell u dis the girl she one months old pregnant now and she tell me that she have application in home office pls what can i do now pls

Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry I don't really understand the question.....

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
iim with the motherof my baby now
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry,the mother of my son she got another pregnat now and she tell ma that she have application in home office per her case pls want can i do for her now