How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I have two queries for a UK immigration lawyer. I

Resolved Question:


I have two queries for a UK immigration lawyer.

I am both a USA and Australian Citizen.

1. I am hoping to qualify for a Highly Skilled Working Visa in the UK. What form do I need to complete to apply?

2. I have been told by UK recruitment agents that I do not require a visa for the first two years as I am an Australian Citizen and part of the Commonwealth, however I have
not found any documentation stating this. Please confirm that this is true or not and if it is true, what application form is required?

Thank you kindly,
Nancy [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


If you are apply for outside the country then you will need to complete Form VA9 (Points Based System Form), it is available for download from You will also need to complete PBS Appendix 1 General Migrant Self Assessment Form.


You will need a visa if you are planning on working here, the recruitment agents are wrong as I understand it and you can check by entering your details here:-


You can ask the Recuirtment agents to refer you to the piece of policy or law which permits the lack of a visa, but it would be the first I have heard of it.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,





Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you