SYK
SYK, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B Hons, PgDip in Legal Practice, Solicitor 4 Years PQE
30800566

I have been in the uk for 12 years and 8 months never outside

I have been in the uk for 12 years and 8 months never outside the uk and at the moment I am on the temporary admission to a person who is liable to be detained because the home office still work on my case . I need to sign in once a month at the UK border agency and I am British national oversea from hong kong. what is your advice? should I apply the 14 year indefinite leave to remain?

Hello there,

If you have lived in the country for 14 years or more illegal and have been working and paying your taxes, you are entitled to apply for Indefinate Leave to Remain. If this is issued, you will be able to apply for naturalisation 12 months after you have been issued ILR.

Hope the above helps. Please remember to click the GREEN ACCEPT Button.

Regards

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So, you advice is I shouldn't apply NOW because I am only here for 12 years and 8 months.

Yes you can not apply as you do not meet the criteria as of yet. You need 14 years.

Hope the above helps. Please remember to click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON.

Regards