How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SYK Your Own Question
SYK, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 203
Experience:  LL.B Hons, PgDip in Legal Practice, Solicitor 4 Years PQE
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
SYK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what can i do after psw.i have post is gonna

Customer Question

what can i do after psw.i have post is gonna be finished on 15th of may.i got shop on MANAGE MENT. can i apply for student visa from here. thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  SYK replied 7 years ago.

Hello there,


Please can you clarify what you mean. Do you mean that you are on a PSW which expires on 15th May 2010 and now want to further your studies and want to apply for a student visa? Or do you want to work?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.


i got psw visa,

i registered as a self employes,and i got buisness (retail,newsagent).

my visa is going to finish on 15th of May,

i was student visa before then i extend psw on post graduation,

so can u sugest me what can i do now to extend my visa,

i want to run my buisness further,

i waiting for ur reply,




Expert:  SYK replied 7 years ago.

You should apply for a tier 1 enterprener visa. The entrepreneur category is for those investing in the United Kingdom by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of, one or more businesses in the United Kingdom.


You can apply under the entrepreneur category now if you are:

1)in the United Kingdom and want to make an initial application as an entrepreneur;
2already in the United Kingdom as an entrepreneur and want to extend your permission to stay within your existing category;
3)already in the United Kingdom as a business person or innovator and want to extend your permission to stay in the entrepreneur category;


Hope the above helps. Kindly remember to click the Green ACCEPT Button.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.

how much investment is required for enterpreneur tire 1.i m running a shop on management.that means i am rent holder.and i m thinking to do lease for much time they take for tire 1.

Expert:  SYK replied 7 years ago.

The UKBA rules do not state how much investment you must have. The time a tier 1 application will take all depends on the strength of your documents and the discretion of the home office.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hi can u give me ur contact no ,i want make an appoinment,

thanks for ur reply,

Expert:  SYK replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately experts are unable to work for customers off the site. As your question has been answered, I would appreciate it if you would ACCEPT my answer. I suggest you look at the law society website for a immigration solicitor within your area. If however you are in the south east of england, you can contact Mr Butt on 01189 585855 for immigration advice.


Best of Luck with your application.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions