How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CharlotteSJ Your Own Question
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
CharlotteSJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my sisters holidays visa been refused couple of years ago &

Resolved Question:

my sisters holidays visa been refused couple of years ago & then we applead against the decision & visa been refused in newcastle court ,can u help any
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 7 years ago.

If it's been refused at appeal then you will now have 7 working days from the date of decision to make an application for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. In order to get this permission, you will need to demonstrate that the judge has made an error in law. You will not get permission if it is a point of fact that you disagree with the decision on.


I strongly advise that you seek advice from an immigration solicitor as soon as possible about this as you will need someone with a legal background to draft your grounds. They will be able to advise you on whether there actually are any grounds on which to appeal.


If you are now beyond the 7 working days then it is unlikely that the Tribunal will now accept an application for permission to appeal and so you will need to consider a fresh application. If it was previously refused, it is a good idea to seek professional assistance with a fresh application as they will be able to ensure it is not refused again for the same reason.


I hope this answers your question in which case please Accept. If you require any further information, please ask.

CharlotteSJ and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you