How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi,I want to switch my work permit. I have completed all

Resolved Question:

I want to switch my work permit. I have completed all the requirements for switching but there is a problem with my old job. I was unfairly dismissed without any legal action. And I got home office letter in sep, to inform ukba about my current status. after that I have filed case in employment tribunal but there is no results so far. Now I got a job in other firm and I got all the information required for switching.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



What type of work permit you on (eg, tier 1 general or tier 2 general) and what work permit do you want to switch it to


Kind regards,


Customer: replied 7 years ago.


my first work permit was approved in Feb 2005 so at that time there was no point base system. Now I want to switch to tier 2 general.


Kind regards,


Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.




You will have to provide details of the tribunal case and unfair dismissal with your application for a tier 2 general visa to the UKBA. You will have to submit this with all the other documentation require dunder the application, including a certificate of sponsorship from your new employer.


This should enable them to issue you with a tier 2 general visa provided you meet all the other requirements specified by the UKBA.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is no judgment on the employment tribunal case till yet. If I was able to get judgment on unfair dismissal then I think I would go for the ILR. But the court is taking too much time to decide. I have filed case on 11 Nov 2009. but still no luck. the other side don't reply but all the time they got benefit and I didn't receive the decision in my favor.
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

If the case has not yet been decided upon, you should nevertheless submit details of the case that is pending. Provide as much detail in either a covering letter to your application or use the supplementary pages provided with the application form itself.


This will suffice.


Please kindly click accept.



Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions