How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amanji Your Own Question
Amanji, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108
Experience:  Litigation Partner with live and varied private client immigration caseload.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Amanji is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a thai friend currently living in switzerland, shes

Resolved Question:

i have a thai friend currently living in switzerland, she's looking to come to uk for a 2month visit, would she need to apply for a different visa for entering the uk?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Amanji replied 7 years ago.

Good afternoon


Yes, your friend needs prior entry clearance before she can visit the UK. She can apply for general visitor visa by downloading the form at:


She can lodge the visa application form, supporting documentation and fee at British missions at either Geneva or Zürich. If visa granted, it would be 6mths and your friend would not be permitted to work here in any capacity or claim public funds.


If you wish to sponsor her application, you can read your duties as a sponsor to maintain and accommodate at:


Hope that helps. Kind regards




Please click green button to accept answer.

Amanji and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions