How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amanji Your Own Question
Amanji, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108
Experience:  Litigation Partner with live and varied private client immigration caseload.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Amanji is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am readying homeoffice/apply under european law page and

Resolved Question:

i am readying homeoffice/apply under european law page and wonder what is the difference between residence card and family member residence stamps? are they both necessay for eea family member? anyone please...s.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Amanji replied 7 years ago.

Good morning


If your boyfriend has been working continuously in UK for at least last 12 months and you get married. You can apply for residence card on EEA2. Your circumstances do not appear to me that you need to apply for FMRS.


Remember to apply for certificate of approval to get married in UK to your partner first though. Unless you are both Church of England religion which is exempted. If not, you would need certificate of approval from UKBA in order to have civil marriage.


Also, certificate of approval does not act as a visa. Please ensure that you have valid visa throughout your time in UK to avoid adverse immigration record.


Hope that helps. Kind regards




Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if you wouldnt mind me asking further relevant question, as i have read it so far coa is a-must-have-to for only me if i want to get married here. the only worried is by the time i have got all the documents ready, the 1 yr leave to remain i have will be few days short for the minimum 3 months rule. i know i still be able to send and be considered, but thing might get a bit sticky and take longer than what it is now. my question is, what should i apply as the support documents to specify that ours is genuine, not a sham. your answer or advice is very much appreciate,Customer And my apology to have to ask further more, as we all plan to do it ourself if possible. thank you so much and have a nice day.
Expert:  Amanji replied 7 years ago.

I suggest that you send off for COA sooner rather than later. It should be granted without too much of a problem. Granting it should be a formality (but can take some time to process) as UKBA lost an important COA case in July 2008 which decalred the scheme unlawful.


You would both need to provide sworn affidavits if UKBA require them. Application fee for COA is currently suspended. You do not have anyting to lose by making application now.


Hope that helps. Kind regards




Amanji and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions