How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a british citizen but my fiance is under immigration control.

Customer Question

I am a british citizen but my fiance is under immigration control. Having been together for five year, we are planning on marrying next year. Can I apply for a fiance visa for him now? How can we go about it?. Any suggestion will be great.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If your fiancee is already in teh UK legally, why does he/she not apply for a Certificate of Approval. Once he/she has this, they will be eligible to marry and then apply for a Spouse Visa.


A Fiancee Visa is for people from outside the UK looking to enter the UK to marry their UK partners.


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,