How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello. My boyfriend lives in England and I live in Canada.

Customer Question

My boyfriend lives in England and I live in Canada. He is in the process of getting a divorce and thinking of giving his wife the deed to their paid house. He has a 14 year old son. Will he be obligated to pay child care payments as well? He does not have employment in Canada as we are just beginning to plan for him to come to Canada. If his ex wife insists on child care payments, will this affect his immigration to Canada?

Linda in Canada
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 7 years ago.


yes i am afrad that he will still be responsible for child maintenance

whilst it should not effect his immigration status nonetheless it can be enforced in canada if necessary


Clare and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Claire and thanks for your answer. I may be back with more questions at a later date.


Expert:  Clare replied 7 years ago.


thats fine!