How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I applied for my Indefinite Leave to Remain SET(M) while still

Customer Question

I applied for my Indefinite Leave to Remain SET(M) while still on my FLR visa. I filled out incorrect credit card information on my payment page, so the application was returned to be as invalid (without a call on either of the numbers I provided, nor an email). I immediately filled out the payment page with the correct details and resent the application that day, but unfortunately, my FLR had run out by that time. The payment has been taken from ymaccount and I have received a letter stating that my application is to be passed on to a case worker.

I have two questions:
1. Do I still have as good a chance as before of getting this visa? (I understand that you don't know my personal case.)
2. Am I able to work? I have sent off a letter asking to be able to work as I am technically an overstayer now, but my husband and I really rely on my salary.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


It is difficult to ascertain your chances of success without having full sight of any documents.


However, if you have submitted an application out of time, you become an overstayer, as you have rightly stated. The Home Office is not obliged to call you if payment details are incorrect as it is your duty to fill the form in correctly.


With regard to working, if you were previously permitted to work, you will still be able to work until you receive a decision from the Home Office.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discus, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

After receiving your answer, I called the Home Office again, and they re-confirmed that as an overstayer, I cannot legally work. I was hoping to find out if there was a way to be able to work while waiting on my decision, but the Home Office stated that I would not be able to work until a decision had been made. Thank you for your first response, but I am not going to accept it because there was some incorrect information in it. You needn't respond to this one.