How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Immigration. I have a girlfriend from Canada , who wants to

Resolved Question:

I have a girlfriend from Canada , who wants to come live with me.
What would be her best options , and the best way to do that.

We have looked at the Student Option , but that's so expensive.
Would she be able to work , if that was an option, but she is a an Estate Agent , whether thats viewed as a Trade so to speak.
She is'nt divorced yet but Seperated. 52 years of age.

Not sure if i have given you enough information.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Do you and your girlfriend intend to marry in the near future?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi there ,


We know each other for two and a half years now and have meet 3 times in time. Yes would be the answer to your quesation.



Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If you intend to marry, she may be eligible to apply for a fiancee visa, however, if you have no plans at present, she will have to make an application on her own merit under one of the various categories of the Points Based System.


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Again ,


Thanks for that advice , but can you also veryify for me that if she comes here to visit for the 6 months , whether she can apply for an extended stay while being here in the UK , and what requirments would be needed for that to happen?


Thanks again

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If she obtains a visit visa, she will not be able to extend her visa unless in exceptional circumstances.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions