How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just moved to Australia in July with my partner who

Customer Question

I have just moved to Australia in July with my partner who has got indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Can he apply for British naturalisation while we are here in Australia since he has finished five years on his indefinite leave.?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


Yes, this is about UK immigration as we are planning to go back to the UK.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


I am afraid that the bad news is that he cannot apply for Naturalisation whilst in Australia.


If a person has ILR, and then move outside of teh UK, it is likely that the ILR will be revoked if they remain outside of the UK for a period of 2 years or more.


Your partner will need to return to the UK and then make an application for Naturalisation.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,