How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to renew my stay after 6 years maried with my wife

Customer Question

I have to renew my stay after 6 years maried with my wife who is french citizen, but my wife do not want to send it passport to the uk brother immigration because our relation ship break down , but with got two children who got french nationality.
but I used EEA4 form to apply for permanent residence, and my form was rejected because they need my wife is passport and proof of 5 yeas that I was resident in uk .

could you help me?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If your wife is unwilling to provide her passport, it is unlikely that your application will be granted and you may need to consider making a different application based on the length of time you have resided in the UK.


If you have been in the UK for 6 years, I would suggest you apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain using Form SET O.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions