How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a US citizen married to a British wife. I lived in the

Resolved Question:

I am a US citizen married to a British wife. I lived in the UK from the ages of 6 until I was 18 (My mum was British and my father was an American serviceman). I met my wife when she was visiting the US. We have been married for 6 years and have 2 children, 4 years and 17 months old. We are trying to move back to the UK. What visa should I apply for. We have read a lot of websites and are VERY confused.


Kevin Shols
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Hi Kevin,


If you have been married for four years or more, you will be eligible to make an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).


Click on the following link for further details:


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We currently live in the U.S. I do not think that I can use the form that you sugested, or can I?. We are trying to move the family back home to the UK as`soon as possible. Do I need to apply for a visa to get to the UK? If so which one? This is where we are getting confused. We are currently applying to the childrens UK passports, but what do I need to get in?