How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner has been in Uk since 1999,came from Croatia and

Customer Question

My partner has been in Uk since 1999,came from Croatia and claimed asylem which has been refused.Despite this he stayed to work and pay his taxes.I come from non EU country,been here since 1999 and my visa has expired in 2002.We have a baby together,not married.
Is there any way we can legalise our stay in UK.

Many thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


At present, Croatia is not part of the EU and there is little you can do top regularize your stay.


Croatia becomes part of the EU in 2010. Upon Accession into the EU, you will be entitled to make an application for an EEA Family Permit.


As it currently stands, there is little you can do.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions