INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have been in the UK for over 7 years, however I do not have

I have been in the UK for over 7 years, however I do not have a current visa or work permit as it expired several years ago. I am not an EU national. I would like to be able to travel home and come back to the UK properly as I have a partner who is a British citizen and many friends here also, it has become like home. I feel guilty that I am not doing things legally but I have no idea where to start to rectify it and am worried that I will have to leave and not be allowed to return.

Are you married to your current partner?

Do you have any children?

What is your Nationality?

Many thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We are not married but have lived together for two years, he is a British citizen. I don't have any children or dependents. My nationality is Australian and my age is 36 years.

Many thanks.

I am afraid that the bad news is that you cannot just regularise your stay on the basis of being involved with someone for two years.

If you and your partner intend to marry, the best thing you could do it to return to Australia, get married and then make an application for a Spouse Visa.

As it currently stands, there is little you can do to legalise your immigration status.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,