How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my name is David Lewis, I am and Australian Citizen I have

Resolved Question:

Hi my name isXXXXX am and Australian Citizen
I have been refused a visit visa to the UK on the grounds that I have a criminal record for possesion of a prohibited drug. What are my options? I am still going to travel to Europe as flights have already been paid for. However I was wondering if I then try and enter the UK from Europe what is likely to happen? Is there a chance I will be allowed in? Is the fact that I have been refused logged on a register? Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated,
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you have been refused a visa due to a previous conviction, this would mean you would not be allowed to enter the UK whereever you attempt to fly from, whether that be Australia or Europe.

Therefore, the answer to your question is that the UKBA will not grant you entry clearance if you attempted to enter the UK.

Your refusal would be logged on a central immigration system and your details will be flagged for an immigration officer when you attempt to enter the UK.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions