How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a British Citizen and curretnly employed. My parents reside

Customer Question

I am a British Citizen and curretnly employed. My parents reside in India and I support them financially. My Dad is over 65 years of age. Currently they are they are here on a Visitor's visa. Their health is not keeping well and recently I had to take them to private hospital.

Is it possible for them to stay here with me on a dependant visa or settlement visa and if so can they apply while they are here?

Also would they be entitled for NHS once they get dependant visa ?

([email protected])
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for yoru question.


The Home Office only allows applications to be made in exceptional circumstances, such as needing to be in the UK for medical treatment.


If there are no exceptional circumstances, they will need to return to India and then submit an application for a dependants Visa from there.


Once granted, they will be entitled to NHS Treatment provided there are no restrictions placed on their Visa.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your answer but it does not completely satisfy my query.


My Dad has a sort of Terminal illnes (Intertitial Pulmonary Fibrosis). After seeing a private doctor in here understand that they might need immidiate treatment anytime and hence they would have to fly back unless they get the dependant status here. But worringly after few months he might not be in a condition to fly so if they go back now and think of visiting again that might never happen and at the age of 65 he will be left alone with my Mom in India to deal with their illness. Although I will be supporting them financially.


Would this be consider as an exceptional circumstances? and if so do they need to apply in form Set (F) ?