How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi,Im an Italian living and studying full time in London.

Customer Question

Hi,I'm an ItalXXXXX XXXXXving and studying full time in London. I have a two year old son and also pregnant at the moment. My mum (Nigerian) resides in italy.She works full time but earns a little. I have intention of inviting her over to UK to assist me for two weeks in December when I give birth but due to we don't have much in 'our pockets', a friend decided to sponsor her (from Italy). Please, is that possible? I would really appreciate anyone that would tell me what to do because I really need her help at this period.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Does your mother have Italian Citizenship?


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for replying. Actually, she does NOT have Italian citizenship but she has Italian indefinite stay. (she's nigerian). Thank you.
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If she in not an Italian Citizen but has Indefinite Leave to Remain in Italy, the only way she could come to teh UK is as a Dependant of an EEA Family Member.


As an EEA Family Member, a friend will not be abel to sponsor her for a dependants visa but could sponsor her for a Visitors Visa.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please, one more question. As a full time student, do I meet the category to invite my mum over? Thanks.
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



As a full-time student, you can apply for any dependants to join you in the UK. To be successful, you need to show that the Dependant is wholly dependant upon you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please, a final question. When applying for my mother's visa, Can both the sponsor and I invite her together? The sponsor is a doctor in Italy and I don't know what range of salary one can earn before inviting someone. I also have an uncle (mummy's brother ) in the US whom we hoped could sponsor but we thought that he is in US and therefore cannot invite her over to UK. What do you say? Thanks so much for your time.
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



A US Citizen cannot sponsor someone to travel to the UK if they are not a UK Citizen themself.


With regard the Italian National, if they are not in the UK and not exercising their treaty rioghts, they will also not be eligible to sponsor.



INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you