How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am enquiring on behalf of my Moroccan friend who came to

Resolved Question:

I am enquiring on behalf of my Moroccan friend who came to the UK to visit his brother who has ILR. He now would like to stay in the UK permanently to be with his brother. He has a Spanish Residence permit that expires in July 2010. (He has lived in Spain for the past 5 years where he worked in his profession as a hairdresser). What does he have to do to be able to stay in the UK? His English skills are limited. Thank you very much for your help.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



When will your friend be eligible to apply for Spanish Citizenship?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
His second Residence Permit is valid until July 10 (I have been informed that Marrocans first get a permit for 1 year, then 2 permits valid for 2 years each, and then a 3rd permit valid for 5 years and only then you can apply for citizenship)

Thanks and kind regards
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.
Who informed you of this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My morrocan friend.

Thanks and kind regards
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

This may be the case in Spain, however, I cannot corroborate this as I am not familiar with Spanish Law.

With regard to joining his brother in the UK, the only way to do this would be to make an application of his own under one of the various categories. As he is over 18, he will not be eligible to apply as a dependant unless in exceptional circumstances.

Once he has Spanish Citizenship, he will be able to travel freely between the UK and even live in the UK without hindrance as a EEA National.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you