How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married to an EU citizen, she works in the UK and I came

Resolved Question:

I am married to an EU citizen, she works in the UK and I came here to study. I have a student visa, how do I apply for a residency so i can live legally live here with my family.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Family members who come to the United Kingdom with an EEA or Swiss national, but who are not themselves nationals of an EEA country or Switzerland, can apply for a residence card. The residence card confirms their right of residence under European law.

A residence card is normally valid for five years, and takes the form of an endorsement that is placed in the holder's passport.

Click on the following link of details of how to make an application and a electronic copy of the form:

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, pleas feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you