How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am British citizen and also Slovakian citizen I

Resolved Question:


I am British citizen and also Slovakian citizen I have lived in the UK for 15 years . My partner is Australian with HSMP ( T1 General visa) . Thee visa expires in December, but we are planning to get married in January. what visa does he need to apply for and would it make a diferrence if we moved our wedding forward before his visa expired? Could you also please tell us if we could apply here in the UK or would we have to travel to Australia ?

Thank you and rgeards

Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

It does make a difference if you move your wedding forward. If you can do this, your partner will be eligible to make an application for a Spouse Visa. He can make the application whilst in the UK and as soon as possible after the marriage.

If you decide to get married in January, he will have to apply for an extension of his existing visa, a certificate of approval and then a Spouse Visa.

He will need to apply for a Certificate of Approval in any event, however, if you get married in December, he will have to make one application less.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your answer , could you please confirm that the UKBA accepts spousal visa applications when there is less than six months left on a current T1 visa? My partner read somewhere that they do not. And also will he be able to continue working whilst waiting for the spouse visa?