How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i came here on eea family member permit,myself not being an

This answer was rated:

i came here on eea family member permit,myself not being an eea national.all was well with my case except thet the case worker said there was a fault with my passport. on this basis she refused my application"without right to appeal".what to do?

Thanks for your question.

What was the fault with your passport? You may have to have the fault rectified and then submit a fresh application.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

if your answer ll be assumed right,how then ll the clause"without right to appeal" be understood.eventhough,i strongly believe that she made a wrong judgement in assessing the passport,....afterall the last say in that matter should belong to my embassy....i think i wrong?


'Right to appeal' refers to haveing an appeal heard before an Immigration Judge at the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT).

If you submit a fresh application and your visa has expired, and subsequently your application is reused, the Home Office would have to grant you leave to appeal.

The reason why you have not been granted Leave to appeal now is because you probably still have quite some time left on your existing Visa.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the visa has expired,but the note given to me by home office in recognision of my documents being with them hasnt!

does the home office have the right say sbout a passport or the embassy?


i have some others documents,that show my identity,issued by my embassy,though they have expired.can such an expired document be used to augment the autheticity of my passport,and therefore the wrongness of the judgment passed by the caseworker?


The Home Office can refuse a passport for irregularites.

An expired document cannot be used to authenticate Identification.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thnx for you good replies!!!!

in such a case where should my passport be?with home office? be sent to my embassy for scrutiny,or has home office the right to hold it?



If you submitted the passport to the Home Office, it should still be in their possession.

If they do not return it, I suggest you report it as lost and make attempts to obtain anew one. Once you have a new passport, you will be able to submit a fresh application.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

its helpful! but ll my declaring it lost not constitute a false claim?have they a right to hold it,or it should br sent to my embassy?


do i have a legal right to declare it lost,ll that not be an offence?thnx



You should call the UK Border Agency to check whether they indeed have it. If they have lost it, which is quite common, it is not a false claim.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thnx for the answer! well understood!



Good luck!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

did you receive my payment?


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thnx veeeeery much for you detailed answers....only i could not understand if you received the payment or not
No i have not as yet. You need to click the green ACCEPT button.

INC and 3 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
more questions please
What would you like to know?

Related UK Immigration Law Questions