How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am going to marry and my wife to be has a son 5 years

Resolved Question:

Hello, I am going to marry and my wife to be has a son 5 years old from her ex husband. Right now, both are on resident permit in Abu Dhabi. Son is dependent on his mother. She is an architect. The Ex-husband has done the case of custody in Pakistan. But no decision has been made yet.
I am on HSMP visa. What documents do i need to get a dependent visa for both my wife to be and her son. What are legal requirements?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Your wife should be able to make an application for a Spouse Visa, however, an application for a dependants Visa for her son will not be as straightforward.

Your wife will need to provide evidence that she has custody rights before you can make an application for a Dependants Visa.

In any event, you need to show that your wife and her son are, especially her son, are wholly dependant upon you.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your reply, But it does not answer my problem, because i do not have custody rights documentation. Becuase the case is still in the court and we do not know what would be the result of the case. In this situation can i apply for a dependant visa for him as well.Right now the son he is totally dependent on her mother.

I am on HSMP Visa.

What would be the solution in this case. this is my actual question.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

You can attempt to apply for a Dependant Visa, whether it is granted is a matter for the Home Office.
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions