How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has just married a US citizen. He has to return to

Resolved Question:

My son has just married a US citizen. He has to return to the UK tomorrow. Would his wife be allowed to come to the UK for a month's holiday and she had a return flight booked would she be allowed into the country as she was refused entry in July this year but they were not married at the time? He is 26 yrs. old and she is nearly 20 yrs. old. When she was refused entry she did not have a return ticket and she said she intended to work and did not have a work permit.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


She may be allowed into the UK on a Visitors Visa, however, this is a decision only an Immigration Officer at the port of entry can make.


What she needs to do is make an application for a Spouse Visa, however, as she is only 20, she will not be eligible as the Immigration Rules state that both parties to a marriage must be 21 years of age or over.


I would suggest she make an application for a Visitors Visa before she leaves the US.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,


INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions