How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came to the UK in mid 2006 on a 3 year work permit. Earlier

Resolved Question:

I came to the UK in mid 2006 on a 3 year work permit. Earlier this year as the permit expired the company sponsored me for an extention and got me a 'tier 2 visa' till Sep 2010. If I want to leave this company's employment, will I be able to sponsor myself for a similar visa which allows me to work for some other employer? When will I be able to apply for indefinite leave?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

In response, if you leave the employment of your existing company, you will beed to obtain sponsorship from another company and then make an application for a New Visa. If you are unable to obtai Sponsorship, you will have to switch to another category of Visa.

With regard to eligibility for ILR, from the information you have provided above, it would seem you would be eligible to make an application in 2011.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you