How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i got married 2yrs ago to a british citizen,i was granted ltd

Customer Question

i got married 2yrs ago to a british citizen,i was granted ltd leave to remain for husband is now in jail since march 09.i am due to apply for indefinate leave to remain this month but i am in a limbo.i am in a stable job and i have never been a dependant on him since he doesnt work now.what can i do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Are you and your husband still together?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes we are together.thank you
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If you and your husband are still together and the marriage is still subsisting, you will be eligible to make an application for ILR. Provided you have not breached any of the immigration rules and have not had to claim any public funds during your period of Limited Leave to Remain, your application for ILR should be granted.


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Many thanks,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions