How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work as a domestic helpers for five years. I want to change

Resolved Question:

I work as a domestic helpers for five years. I want to change my status to become a permanent residence here in the U.K. What are the requirements and what do I need to do to be able to process my papers. And how many years should I work and live here to become eligible to change my status.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

The Immigration Rules state that a person can become eligible for Settlement after 5 or 10 years depending on the type of Visa they have.

It would be difficult to say whether you would be eligible to aply without having sight of your passport.

In any event, if you are eligible to apply, you will need to make an application for Settlement, known as Indefinite Leave to Remain.

You will need to make an Application on Form SET O, which you can download from the UK Border Agency website. Click on the following link for a copy of the Form:

It is recommended that you instruct a Solicitor or Immigration Legal Advisor to make the application for you.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you