How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI Dear. IM from colombia,i have a certificate for a residence

Resolved Question:

HI Dear.
I'M from colombia,i have a certificate for a residence card or permanent residence card.I Have the right to work?,or I have to do an aplication to get the permit work?
thanks for your help
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


If you have a residence card, you would generally have the right to work in the UK without having to make any further application for a work permit.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.


I have just the certificate of aplication for a residence card.I Did the aplication on (may 06-2009) but I didn't get any work permit on that certificate.I Have to wait for my work permit?or I have to do the aplication?

Thanks for you help.

Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.
If your application for a residence card has not yet been graned, you will be subject the conditions of your previous visa.

If you have received your resident card, you would not have to make a further application for a work permit as th residence card would entitle you to work.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you