How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my partner is from india and does not have a passport, we want

Customer Question

my partner is from india and does not have a passport, we want to marry but how can we do it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



If your partner is from India and does not have a Passport, how did he/she arrive inthe UK?


Is your partner in the UK legally?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
he is here illegally, he has permission to work here and also did apply to stay here but it was declined as he did not submit a valid passport
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

How does he have permission to work if he is in the UK illegally and does not have a valid Visa?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
lm not sure l know he has a national insurance number and has a full uk driving license
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its a temporary national insurance number, suggestion can we have an indian wedding and then apply for him to stay here?
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Your marriage will not be deemed valid unless it is registered at a Registry Office. In order to do this, he would have to obtain a Certificate of Approval from the Home Office.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions