How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My marriage visa (South African Passport, and been married

Customer Question

My marriage visa (South African Passport, and been married 2 and half years)has expired, My husband is retired and holds a British Passport, we want to move back to the Uk and buy a house in December 2009. Will I be able to work over there (40 years) and what visa will I need if we visit in December. We plan to move to the Uk in April next year.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If your marriage (Spouse Visa) has expired, you will need to make an application for a new spouse visa.

Once you have been granted a Spouse Visa, you will be entitled to work up until retirement age.

If you are planning on visiting the UK in December, you will need to make an application for a Visitors Visa.

You will be entitled to make an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain after your 2 year Spouse Visa has come to an end. Had you been married for 4 years or more, you would have been entitled to make an application for ILR upon your arrival in the UK.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If yu wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,