How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11846
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi,Im on a spouse visa, been in country since Feb 09, and

Customer Question

Hi, Im on a spouse visa, been in country since Feb 09, and my wife wants a divorce. im working at the moment with the NHS on a good job. how can i change my visa from spouse to Tier 2? is that possible to get my stay in the country, we have 1 year old and im not willing to let go of her.

Wife is british
Daughter is british 1 year old
im pakistani passport holder

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


You can switch to another category of Visa from your Spouse Visa. You will need to make an application as soon as you can. Once you have divorced, you will bebreaching the conditions of your Spouse Visa as the marriage would have irretrievably broken down.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,