How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i have lived in the UK for nearly 4 years, I came here on

Customer Question

hi i have lived in the UK for nearly 4 years, I came here on a 6 month tourist visa but i never returned to Albania. Please can you give me advice or help me so i can stay in the UK legally without returning to Albania. Thank you your help would be great.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


I am afraid if you came to the UK on a Tourist Visa and have since overstayed, there is no legal route by which you can regularize your stay.


At present, the only rule which would help requires you to have been in the UK for a period of 14 years or more illegally (long residence).


If you were to marry a UK or EU citizen, you may then make an application for a Spouse Visa or an EEA Family Permit.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions