How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

thanks for answering my last question that was very helpful!

Resolved Question:

thanks for answering my last question that was very helpful! my girlfriends visa is a 'settlement to join parents' visa which she got in 2004 that had a expiry date of 2007 which was when her passport ran out! but but she got a extension put on her passport which made the passport run out in march 2010! she didnt realise the visa had a expiry date she thought it would expire when the passport extension did, does this mean she has been here since 2007 illegally? or does it mean she just needs to get the border agency to change the date on her visa to 2010 to match her passport! were bit confused because she travelled home to thailand in december2007 and returned in march 2008 and the immigration officer at airport said nothing about her visa date saying expired october2007?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

From the information you have provided above, it would seem she would have to contact the UK Border Agency to extend the period of the Visa so it expires the same date as the passport.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions