INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I met my girl friend 5 years ago. She came to the UK back in

I met my girl friend 5 years ago. She came to the UK back in 2001 on a 6 month visa. Met a Man who physical bullied her throughout there short relationship. She became pregnant by him and decided to go back home to Jamaica, the man consequently beat her and confiscated her passport, she was scared and feared for her life so did not tell the police. She had the child who is now 7 and is now overstayed. Her child is settled in school and I support them both. Please advise the best way for her to get her stay in the UK?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am afraid that the bad news is that if the child is not yours and there is nothing else tying your girlfriend to the UK, it is highly unlikely that any application she makes to teh Home Office for Settlement in the Uk will be refused.

The best thing she could do is for her to return to her home country, you to travel out there and get married and then for her and teh child to make an application for a Spouse and Dependants Visa respectively. If the child is a UK Citizen, she will only need to make an application for herfself.

I

Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I

hope
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Edited by INC on 10/7/2009 at 6:14 PM EST