How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just received notice from the UK Border Agency that

Resolved Question:

I have just received notice from the UK Border Agency that my application to extend my student visa for another year has been refused on the grounds that I have insufficient funds. This was because I submitted an out of date statement with the application. The requirement for the 30 academic points was met.

The 10 point financial requirement was not met according to UKBA because my projected fees anmounted to £6700 and needed a further £1200 to prove I could meet cost of living expenses.

The actual cost of my fees (for 2009-2010) was £5860 and I have a universtity receipt. I now have a letter from the building society (Dated 6 Oct 2009) stating that my current Building Society balance is £8425.79. Once my fees are taken from this I still have £2565 for maintenance - £1365.79 in excess of the required £1200. I work part time (under my last visa regs)and have another £294 in my current account.

Can I appeal using the above information and the procedure sent to me by UKBA?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


If you have been granted Leave to Appeal, I suggest you make an appeal as soon as possible as you will only have up to 28 days in which to make any appeal.


If you can provide evidence showing that you have adequate maintenenace funds, this will be considered by the Asylum & Immigration Tribunal (AIT).


I would suggest you appeal rather than ask for an Administrative Review.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions