How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Chinese passport holder and have UK ILR for over 6 years.

Resolved Question:

I am a Chinese passport holder and have UK ILR for over 6 years. I have a full-time job, own a house and car. Both my parents in China retired and over 70 now. They don't have any other relatives to look after them now. They have their own pension and I did not finicial support them in the past. Is possible to bring them over UK and settle with me so I can look after them? many thanks!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


If you have ILR, I would suggest you apply for Naturalisation as soon as possible.


As a person with ILR you are entitled to make an application for Dependants to join you in the UK.


Click on the following link for further details:


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I've looked that website before, the bit confused me is "he/she is completely, or mainly, financially dependent on you;" Is this means after they come here or before? What range of my income will home office accept to grand them visas? Thanks

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



This means before they come to the UK. You have to show evidence of you sending them money or paying their bills or mortgage etc.


There is no specific amount of income required, however, you will have to show you will be able to maintain and accomodate them without recourse to public funds.


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions