How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter who is a British national is married to a Turk

Resolved Question:

My daughter who is a British national is married to a Turk and they live in Germany with their two children for the past 24 years. The two children also have British passports. My son in law normally comes to the UK for the Christmas holidays and does this on an EEA permit which is for 6 months. As one of their children is now attending university here he would like to visit more often during the year but to renew the permit every 6 months involves him having to close his business down for a day and fly to the British consulate in Dusseldorf for an interview and biometric tests at considerable expense. He has been offered a 10 year visa at a cost of 600 Euros by the consulate but this has gone up threefold in the past two years. Can you suggest any other way whereby the cost can be reduced without having to go to \dusseldorf.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


I am afraid the bad news is that unless he is prepared to pay for the 10 year Visa, the only other option open to him is to move to the UK and apply for Citizenship.


He may be able to instruct a local Immigration lawyer to make the application for him, therefore avoiding him having to travel to Dusseldorf.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you