How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to bring a Philipino nanny into the UK to look

Resolved Question:

I would like to bring a Philipino nanny into the UK to look after my child - she would live with us. She has worked with my husband's parents in Lebanon for the past 3 years, and has traveled with them in and out of France several times. Is there a way that I can get her a visa to stay for a year? Can I leverage the fact that she has worked with our family (but not directly with us)?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


You can make an application for a Toer 2 (General) Visa which is a Sponsored Skilled Worker Visa. Click on the following link for further details:


The fact that she has worked for yoru family before may strengthen the application.


I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi - I've just gone on the website you suggested, and it looks like she'd need a 'certificate of sponsorship'. Would I be qualified to give that - as a private citizen (ie, not running a business?).
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



A Cerificate of Sponsorship is not an actual certificate or paper document, it is a unique reference number that you issue to the migrant to enable them to apply for entry clearance to the Uk, if they are outside the UK, or permission to remain if they are in the UK.


As an employer, you will be able to obtain this from the Home Office.


i hope this helps.

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks- so from your answer, I can assume the Home Office does not have a set of requirements for me to get this certificate?

I just did the points calculator on the website you pointed me to, and it looks like she wouldn't have enough points to be given a visa. The points calculator, however, doesn't ask about whether she had worked with me/ my family for a long time. Can you clarify what the 3 most important items are for her to get a visa?
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



In order to obtain a Visa, she must qualify with enough points before submitting an application.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions