INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My Iraqi husband (I am English), with our home in Dubai, has

Customer Question

My Iraqi husband (I am English), with our home in Dubai, has been twice refused a visa to UK, for us to visit my father for 1 week! The 1st refusal because he had "insufficient funds to support his trip" (I know he had funds available), and secondly, no evidence that I was British. We rectified these on the 2nd application only to be refused again, this time - documents provided - not all were original (due to me being in UK at that time, I had to scan a document and email to my husband back home in Dubai), and also because he ommitted to tell them that he had previously been refused a Canadian visa (a visit for family wedding). The issue of Canadian visa wasn't mentioned on the 1st refusal?! Also his financial status was the same, yet funds issue not mentioned either! However, now we read on the 2nd refusal that because of the Canadian visa omittance, he is not allowed to apply for visa for 10 years. We didnt appeal in time and now want to visit my father. What can we now do?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

From the limited information you have provided above and without seeing any documentation, it would seem that you mayhave to apply for a judicial review of the decision.

It sems the Home Office has imposed the penalty as thhey believe your husband has been deceptive. This is quite a swerious allegation and needs to be removed if he is allowed to make another application.

I would strongly suggest you instruct solicitors to act on your nehalf.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,