INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I applied & received a UK Fiancee Visa in July 09. In Sept

I applied & received a UK Fiancee Visa in July 09. In Sept 09 my fiancee came to the USA to escort me to the UK however we decided to marry before leaving the USA. We are now living in England and want to transfer my fiancee visa to a spousal visa. We have certified documentation of our legal marriage in the USA. Who do we need to contact to make this transfer and what will be required? Will we be applying for a new visa? And what will be the cost? Thank you

Thanks for your question.

You will need to apply to the Home Office for a Spouse Visa and you will have to pay the appropriate fee (£465.00).

Click on the following link for further details of the requirements:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/husbandwifecivilpartner/

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free toa sk further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the information. If we went to the local Registrar and were married by English law, would we still be required to apply for a spousal visa?

Yes you will still need to apply for a Spouse Visa.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,