How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a uk citizen and have just been accepted for a ESTA visa

Customer Question

I am a uk citizen and have just been accepted for a ESTA visa to usa, can my friend who is a american citizen also get one for her being a usa citizen?????
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


ESTA is only available to people travelling to the US.


As a US Citizen, your frined would be entitled to travel to the UK without first obtaining Entry Clearance.


A decision will be made at the Proty of Entry and if successful, she will be granted a 6 Months Visitors Visa.


I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ty for getting back to me so quickly, we are aware of the 6mths acceptance but we really wanted to know if she could obtain somthing so the imigration people didnt give her such a hard time everytime she comes to the uk, we or should I say neither of us have ever broken the law by overstaying or anything like that, my friend is so nervous and is not a well person. she comes over maybe 3 times a year and I come to the usa the same, we travel on our own Im disabled and am just recieving chemo for the second time for breast cancer, we want to be togeather as much as we can, its just that the imigration give her such a hard time but she cannot stay longer than a month at a time or she would lose her disability, now I hope you understand more our dilema!!!!, how hard would it be for her to get a yearly visa and what would be the cost? ty for listening please can you get back to me with your advise.


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my reply is written above along with some more questions attached to my original question