How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother in law is from kenya on a 5yr visitors visa. She

This answer was rated:

My mother in law is from kenya on a 5yr visitors visa. She stays in the uk for 6 months, then leaves the country for 3 months and returns again for 6 months. Is it legal to do this in the uk? I've read that it is against the uk law for a visitor to stay in the uk for more than 6 months out of 12. In her case, she stays in the uk 9 months out of 12.
Also while in the uk, she takes advantage of free nhs treatment. She had resistered herself with a gp without the appropriate documents. Is this allowed?
Kindly advice as to what needs to be done in terms of immigration to avoid future complications for her and for us.

Thanks for your question.

Without seeing a copy of the passport and based on the limited information you have provided above, your mother-in-law would be entitled to remain in the UK for a period of 6 months. THerefater she would have to leave the UK. Whether she is entitled to return within 6 months depends on her Visa. Generally, a person would not be allowed to return within 6 months.

With regard to NHS Treatment, your mother-in-law is not eligible for free NHS Treatment and she is breaching the conditions of her Visa by making use of NHS Facilities without paying for the treatment.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions