How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Gay man and have a male partner who is Sri Lankan and

Resolved Question:

I am a Gay man and have a male partner who is Sri Lankan and he lives In Sri Lanka we have known each other since 1994 and I go out to see him twice yearly. He is 35 and I am 64 I want him to come to live with me here in the uk and we have tried 3times to get an exit visa but each time we have been turned down despite having letters from my MP and a letter from Southport's Lord Ronnie Fearn all in support of us. At the present time all my partner wants is a holiday visa for up to three months as he wants to return to continue his work in Sri Lanka and I want to show him my country like he has shown me his country over the years. Can you advise me how we go about getting a holiday visa and can we have a cival partnership ceromony if he comes to the uk. Thanks John.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.

What kind of applications have you previously made and when was the last application made?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
First application was made in 2001 asking for holiday visa of up to 3 months it was made in person with sponsorship letter and my bank statements etc. To the British High Commission in Colombo Sri Lanka, Ravi was interviewed and he took all relevant letters with him and my MPs letter supporting his application. The second application was again for holiday visa Ravi took his bank details and also my details also again my MPs letter of support this was in 2005. The last application was made in 2007 again for holiday visa together with MPs letter and letter from Lord Fearn of Southport.They said they had not recieved up to date bank details from me but they were sent well in advance of Ravi's interview at British High Commission in Colombo.
Expert:  INC replied 8 years ago.

Why have you not made an application for a Fiancee Visa or an Unmarried Partners Visa?

From the information you have provided above, I would suggest you make an application for a Fiancee Visa, if granted Ravi and you will have to enter into a Civil Partnership within 6 months of his arival, thereafter, you will be entitled to make an appplication for a Spouse Visa.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you