How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner and I have been together for over two years. the

Resolved Question:

My partner and I have been together for over two years. the company he works for have asked him to work in Singapore for a year. The only way I can go with him is for his company to support a social visa for me but I have to apply and supply proof of 'commonlaw relationship',can you please give me some advice on what I would need as proof?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


You can prove your relationship by showing evidendce that you have both been living together forthe last 2 years by providing orriginal correspondence addressed to you at the same address as well as a copy of a tenancy agreement or property title deeds.


You can also provide Statutory Declarations from people who have known you stating that they have known you to be in a relationship for the previous 2 years.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you