How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im a resident in the uk under my spouse visa but im a victim

Resolved Question:

im a resident in the uk under my spouse visa but im a victim of domestic violence.My husband has been pysically and pyschologically violent but i only reported him once to the police last year when he tore my clothes. will i be able to renew my visa without much evidence to prove that under those terms?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


In order to be successful in making a claim for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK as the victim of Domestic Violence, you need to show that the marriage has irretrievable broken down and that you did in fact suffer physical or domestic violence.


It is not detrimental to your case that you have only reported the matter once, however, you will need to provide sufficient evidence in order to ensure your application is successful.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions